Enabl Pty Ltd is a disability support services provider based in Eastern Creek, New South Wales.
At Enabl Pty Ltd we provide a range of disability services. With the range of services, we provide, we aim to make a difference in the lives of those with disability. The goal is to make each of our participant’s lives easier, fairer and more involved by participating within their own communities.
Enabl Pty Ltd is a company that was established with the sole aim of offering disability services that puts the participant as a priority in creating opportunities, promoting independence and progression in a safe and non-discriminative environment.
Our values are centred around our staff, participants and their families or guardians.
Respect – We respect people’s decisions, opinions and views.
Honesty – We are trustworthy and tell the truth to keep our promise to you.
Privacy and Confidentiality – This is of utmost importance as outlined in our Privacy and Confidentiality Policy and Procedure.
Development and Improvement – We will identify, with your help, where we can develop projects. We always work to improve our services and to uphold the Service Standards. Your feedback is always valued.
Safe and Harmonious working environment – We offer a workplace that provides support, guidance and acceptance to staff and participants.
Passion – We have a passion to our work ethics. Every member of staff is passionate about their work and takes the participant as part of the family.
To provide high quality and effective disability services, where every person we care for matters.
Enabl Pty Ltd‘s services include / will include:
- Accommodation/Tenancy Assistance – the provision of transition supports for people seeking a place to live, which suitably caters to their type and level of needs.
- Assistance with Household Tasks – such as meal preparation and delivery, house or yard maintenance, cleaning and laundry.
- Assistance with Daily Personal Activities – to enable people to live as autonomously as possible – such as personal hygiene, dressing, medication assistance, financial Management, communication skills and lifestyle mentoring.
- Assistance with Daily Personal Activities (High-Intensity) – to enable people with more complex needs to live as autonomously as possible – supports are provided by personnel with additional experience/qualification.
- Assistance with Daily Tasks in a Group or Shared Living arrangements to help individuals to live as autonomously as possible.
- Assistance with Life Stage Transitions – including mentoring, peer support, individual skill development, and decision making to support people to make transitions on their terms and in a way that meets their goals and aspirations.
- Assistance to Access and Maintain Employment or Higher Education – assistance and support with preparation for school leavers to find employment in either the supported or open job market, and in their transition through school towards further education.
- Assistance with Travel and Transport – provision of travel arrangements and support for people to access essential services.
- Assistive Equipment for Recreation – provision products that assist people when engaging in recreational pursuits (e.g., sport, exercise/fitness).
- Assistive Products for Household Tasks – provision of products that assist people with domestic tasks in the home, such as cooking, cleaning, washing and general maintenance.
- Assistive Products for Personal Care and Safety – provision of products designed to maximise an individual’s care and personal safety, such as beds and pressure mattresses, bathroom equipment, continence needs and specialised clothing.
- Community Nursing Care – this includes providing specialist care in the home for those who require a higher level of care and attention.
- Communication and Information Equipment – provision of products to assist people in accessing written or spoken communication through electronic means, as well as to access alternative forms of communication.
- Development of Daily Living and Life Skills – including developmental-focused activities and training to enhance the person’s ability to live as independent an everyday life as possible.
- Group and Centre-based Activities – such as social outings and group and social activities on Enabl Pty Ltd‘s premises.
- Hearing Equipment – provision of assistive listening devices (excluding hearing aids).
- Innovative Community Participation – includes activities outside the scope of ‘Participation in the Community.’
- Participation in the Community – including supported shopping, medical appointments, sporting and recreational events, social activities, visiting or making new friends, travel and transport and building confidence and social skills.
- Personal Mobility Equipment – provision of products that enable people physical mobility, such as wheelchairs, transfer aids and walking equipment.
- Therapeutic Supports – supports to build people’s physical and mental health in order for them to move with optimal mobility and interact with enhanced confidence and interpersonal skills.
- Vision Equipment – products designed to assist people to navigate and maintain physical orientation, such as magnifiers, note-taking equipment, braille and guide dogs; and
- NDIS Planning and Plan Management – strengthening NDIS participants’ ability to undertake tasks associated with the Management of their supports. This includes building financial skills, organisational skills, and enhancing the participant’s ability to direct their supports and develop self-Management capabilities. Plan Management is the financial management of the participant’s NDIS Plan. It includes making payments to providers, expense claims processing, developing monthly statements for participants and claiming compensation from the NDIA. Plan Managers also liaise with providers and participants to implement and manage the plan.
Enabl Pty Ltd complies with all NDIS Provider State and Commonwealth Government requirements for the delivery of quality and safe disability support services.